If walking barefoot alongside your pool seems like a distant dream because of the hot concrete surface, then you might want to look into replacing it with liquid limestone. The great thing about this material is that it’ll stay cool throughout the summer, no matter how high the temperatures get. Plus, liquid limestone doesn’t limit you to the same drab grey colour of concrete, as you can add any colour or texture that you like to it, and create a truly unique look.
Read on to find out what liquid limestone is, and how you can benefit from using it on your outdoor areas.
What is Liquid Limestone?
The paving material known as liquid limestone is primarily made from a combination of crushed limestone and concrete, as well as other minor constituents. It’s usually sealed with a solvent or water based sealer after it has set to prevent staining. While liquid limestone is poured and spread in the same manner as concrete, but it is much more durable and long-lasting.
Now, a lot of people prefer liquid limestone to concrete because it gives a very natural aesthetic to surfaces like driveways, walkways, patios and pool surrounds.
The Benefits of Liquid Limestone
- Low Maintenance: Unlike natural stone pavers that tend to give way to pests like weeds, ants and other insects, liquid limestone paving doesn’t have any of these issues, which makes it very low maintenance.
- It Stays Cool: Liquid limestone is a heat absorbent material which means that it will remain cool even when exposed to extremely high temperatures. So you can step outside barefoot knowing that you won’t get burnt.
- It’s Versatile: Liquid limestone isn’t fussy. You can use it on driveways, pathways, pools, spas and outdoor areas without a problem. You can even apply it onto existing concrete and reduce costs without sacrificing on durability and aesthetic appeal.
- Durability: Liquid limestone can handle a lot of compounded weight and pressure without cracking, breaking or eroding. This makes it the perfect material to pave your driveway with if you own a truck or live in an area with frequent rainfall.
- It’s Cost Effective: Paving your outdoor areas with liquid limestone will significantly decrease your renovation costs, because it’s much cheaper than most other materials and yet it’s also the most durable. So you can go all out and use liquid limestone to pave all of your outdoor surfaces without breaking the bank.
- Offers Various Colour Options: You can paint your liquid limestone any colour that you like to match the overall aesthetic of your outdoor entertainment area. You can even stencil it with any design of your choice without the chance of losing functionality.
- It’s Beautiful: You’re sure to get loads of compliments from friends and family once you’ve paved your outdoor areas with liquid limestone, because it has a very smooth, elegant and appealing appearance. Plus, it’ll keep your outdoor areas neat and clean due to the fact that it doesn’t attract weeds and ants.
As you can see, there are loads of advantages to paving your outdoor surfaces with liquid limestone and if you’re reading this then you’re probably considering it for your own home. So what are you waiting for? Visit your nearest liquid limestone supplier today and watch your home’s curb appeal shoot through the roof!